15 Unbelievably Easy Way To Eliminate Stubborn Stains Around The House You Wished You Knew Earlier
Tired of stain that don't go away?
Don't know how to remove a certain stain?
Stains are unavoidable and can be a pain to get rid off, unless, you know the secret.
In this post you'll learn the 15 stain cleaning hacks that are must knows for any households!
And here's the best part
- You don't have to buy expensive chemicals
- They are safe and natural
- And they work!
Let's get started
At Homewhis, we select and write about topics we love and think you'll like too. Homewhis has affiliate and advertising partnerships so we get revenue from sharing this content and from your purchase but at no extra cost to you.
Click a section to be taken to the one you would like to see
- 1. Miracle All Purpose Stain Remover
- 2. The Magic Carpet Stain Remover
- 3. Remove Hard Water Stains With Ease
- 4. Effective Toilet Stain Remover
- 5. Make Copper Pans Shine Like New
- 6. Eliminate Cutting Board Stains Fast
- 7. Remove Microfiber Furniture Stains
- 8. Dissolve Permanent Marker Stains in Seconds
- 9. Whiten Your Pillows
- 10. Remove Embarrassing Sweat Stains Easily
- 11. Melt Glass Bakeware Stains
- 12. Best Way To Remove Pet Stain From Carpet
- 13. Revive Rusty Cast Iron Skillet
- 14. Clean Mattress And Get Rid Of Stains
- 15. Clean Front Load Washer
1. Miracle All Purpose Stain Remover
If you are a parent, you probably know how difficult it is to clean mud stained shoes and food stained shirts.
You've probably also tried the commercial cleaning products and they don't work! (how frustrating right?)
That's where this simple, cheap and yet powerful recipe will help to get rid of those stains.
You'll need equal parts of
Combine them into a spray bottle and spray on stain and scrub it off.
2. Carpet Stain Removal
Can't seem to get rid of the stubborn carpet stain? Fels Naptha can be used for removing those stains easily.
Rub a wet Fels Naptha bar onto the stain directly and let it sit for 5-10 minutes
Brush The Stain with a wet old toothbrush while continuously wiping with a damp cloth until the stain is gone.
Wash and dry your carpet under the hot sun and you will have stain free carpet that smells fresh and clean.
3. Remove Hard Water Stains With Ease
You can't use regular soap and elbow grease to remove hard water stains because they are mineral buildups.
Luckily, there is a simple solution!
Here's what you need:
Combine these 2 ingredients and using a sponge and apply generously onto the water stained areas of your faucet, shower mirror or shower glass.
Allow the solution to sit for 1-3 hrs depending on how severe the stain is
Gently brush the affected area, rinse with water and dry
Pro tip: To make your faucets shine, polish them with some baby oil.
4. Effective Toilet Stain Remover
Nobody likes to clean the toilet and that's why this hack is here to help you get the job done quickly, with less nasty smells.
I have used this recipe for years and it is one that will always recommend.
They leave your toilet smelling fresh and removes the unsightly brown looking stains.
To start, you'll need
- 1/4 cup of Baking soda
- 1/4 cup of Castile soap
- 20 drops of Lemon Essential oil
- 1/2 cup of distilled water
Combine these ingredients into a squirt bottle, adding the baking soda last and shake well.
To use, squirt the mixture onto the interior sides of the toilet bowl and allow it to sit for 13 minutes before scrubbing with a cleaner brush.
Lastly, To remove that dirty looking ring in the toilet bowl, use a pumice stone.
5. Make Copper Pans Shine Like New
You can quickly turn dull looking copper pans back to shining new with simply 2 ingredients:
- White vinegar
- Table salt
Simply pour the vinegar onto the copper pan and sprinkle lots of salt on
Use the scour pad to gently scrub the affected area.
You'll quickly see the color change.
6. Eliminate Cutting Board Stains Fast
i use to have a couple of normal white cutting board that i use for meat and beet roots so i don't get the expensive ones stained.
Despite scrubbing away at my white cutting boards after every meal prep, i find that they eventually develop a yellowish dirty looking color
I just couldn't get them off no matter what detergent i use! Until, i found the 2 ingredients that did the trick...
lemon and salt
It works because lemons contains psoralen, a compound that helps bleach stains away when exposed to the sun.
Simply apply lemon juice thoroughly over your cutting board and leave it under the sun for 2-3 hours before washing it in soapy water.
And you have a cutting board just like new!
7. Remove Microfiber Furniture Stains
Microfiber furniture are great! They are really easy to take care of and they remain good looking for the most part.
Until it gets really dirty with accidental stains and pets.
But no worries, there is always a solution!
Grab some rubbing alcohol, cleaning cloth and scrub brush
Dampen cleaning cloth with rubbing alcohol and rub over the microfiber furniture.
Scrub the tiny microfiber with a brush until they fall off.
How many times to scrub? Depending on the amount of abuse on the chair, you might need to repeat the process a couple of times until you get the desired results.
8. Dissolve Marker Stains in Seconds
If you ever get permanent market on something by accident, try using rubbing alcohol to remove the stray marks.
Soak the stained area with alcohol while rubbing consistently with a cleaning rag and wipe the area.
When it comes to market stains, the sooner you tackle it, the easier it is to remove.
9. Whiten Your Pillows
If you find yellowish spots on your pillow, then it's time to give it a through wash.
Before washing, you want to check if your pillow has the washable tag. Most pillows are washable with a few exceptions.
Remember to remove pillow covers if you have them.
To start, you'll need:
- a washing machine
- 1 cup laundry detergent
- 1/2 cup washing soda
- 1 cup dish washing detergent
- 1 cup bleach
Set your washing machine to the longest cycle and fill with hot water.
As it is filling with hot water, add the 4 ingredients, then add your pillows 2 at a time.
If you have synthetic pillows, set your dryer to low heat and if your pillows are feather or down, there is no need to use the heat selection.
Also, if you are front loading, then you will have to soak your pillow into a large tub of hot water with the ingredients mentioned above then transfer the pillow into the washing machine.
Dry your pillows under the sun you'll have a brand new smelling pillow.
10. Removes Fabric Stains
Fels Naptha helps to pre-treat and breakdown stubborn fabric stains like chocolate stains, lipstick stains, grass stains, wine stains, which makes it easy to wash.
To soften the stain, rub a bar of Fels Naptha onto the stained area and leave it for 15-20 minutes before washing.
Scrub the stain with a wet old toothbrush while rubbing the stain off with a wet cloth. Repeat until the stain completely drops off.
Set to medium wash to get the best results.
11. Melt Glass Bakeware Stains
Apply baking soda and dish soap to the bottom of the glass and allow it to soak in hot water for 30 minutes.
Pour the water away and scrub the grime away, adding baking soda to the affected areas as needed.
This combination works because it dissolves the hard to remove grease and with a little elbow grease to speed up the process and clean with the least effort.
12. Best Way To Remove Pet Stain From Carpet
One of my relatives shared with me a tip to help remove pet stains plus deodorize my carpet. It was so simple at first i didn't think it would work, but it did!
Here's how to do it
Soak the stained area with white vinegar
Sprinkle baking soda over the area and leave it for a day
Vacuum the excess baking soda and you will have brand new looking carpet.
13. Revive Rusty Cast Iron Skillet
Most rusting are called profile rusting which is something seen and felt on the cookware. Fortunately, this type of rusting can be fixed at home with some sunlight.
Once you've grabbed those item, follow these steps:
- Remove the rust by scouring the skillet with a steel wool
- Wash skillet thoroughly with warm water and mild dish soap, scrubbing gently with sponge
- Dry the skillet with a dish towel
- Coat the entire pan with cooking oil including bottom and handle
- Place the iron skillet in the oven and bake for an hour at 350 F
- Cool the pan before cooking again
14. Clean Mattress And Get Rid Of Stains
Your mattress accumulates dead skins during sleep with dust mites feeding on them and have accidental blood and urine stain that adds up overtime.
But fret not! There is always a solution for mattress stains
- To Remove Urine Stains, combine 3 tbsp of baking soda with 8 oz of hydrogen peroxide and a couple drops of dish soap in a bowl. Use a rag to dab the mixture onto the stain without drenching it. Switch to a clean cloth and remove the moisture.
- Remove Sweat Stains, spray the yellowish stain with hydrogen peroxide until damp but avoid drenching it. Allow it to air dry and the stain will fade as the peroxide dries.
- Remove Blood Stain, Combine 2 oz of hydrogen peroxide and 1 tbsp of dish soap and salt and then apply on the bloodstain. Let it sit for 10 minutes before scraping away. Remove any residue with a clean rag dipped in hydrogen peroxide.
Pro tip: avoid using a steam cleaner or pouring anything directly on your mattress. Mattresses must not get wet as mold can start growing.
15. Clean Front Load Washer
After months of use, mildew can start developing inside your washing machine (under the rubber of the drum) and tablet just won't get rid of it.
Fortunately, the solution is simple and safe. You'll need:
Start by pouring a cup of white vinegar with 5 drops of tea tree oil into the compartment for detergent and run your washing machine on regular cycle.
Once the cycle is complete, scrub the mildew with a scrub brush or old toothbrush for hard to reach areas.
The vinegar dissolves the mildew, making it easy to remove by scrubbing.
Shop Cleaning Ingredients
1 | Borax
2 | Fels Naptha
3 | WD-40
4 | Heinz Vinegar
5 | Dawn Dish Soap
Now I'd like to Hear From You
I hope you've found this vinegar spray guide helpful
Which tip from today's post do you like most and will use it often?
Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below
P.S: You may buy these cleaning ingredients from Amazon through the link provided in this post.